Hack The Nest at EMU (Nov 14-15): who should I talk to about API credits for student hackers?

Hi all! I’m Melvin, Vice President of GDG on Campus at Eastern Michigan University and co-lead of Hack The Nest, EMU’s first hackathon. A moderator on the Perplexity Discord suggested I ask here.

The event

  • Nov 14-15, 2026, 24 hours of building, EMU Student Center, Ypsilanti, MI
  • Up to 600 student builders from across the Midwest
  • hackthenest.tech

What we’d love to explore

  • API credits so teams can build with the Agent API and Search API during the event
  • A “Best use of the Perplexity API” prize track
  • Optional: someone from the team to judge or mentor virtually

Who on the API or developer relations side would be the right person to talk to? I’m happy to send our sponsorship deck by email.

Thanks!
Melvin

Hello @Melvin_Karupati,

Sending you a DM.

Thank you,

Andrew

Hi ! @andrewmadson-pplx ,

I just sent you an email about our event, kindly take a look at it when you have a minute. I am thrilled at the opportunity of working with you !

Sincerely,
Melvin Chirag